Smartphone industry is always on a roller coaster which continually astonishing us with its every new release. Every new day a phone enters the market, and you start anticipating for another bigger and better release. The smartphone industry is evolving day by day and you would always expect for another big-bang.
The year 2017 was a big success for smartphone industry with its amazing phones like, Samsung Galaxy S8, Apple Iphone 8plus, Google Pixel 2, OnePlus 5T, Moto G4 2016, Sony’s Xperia XZ1, Motorola Moto Z2 Play, Meizu Pro 7 Plus, Samsung Galaxy J5, Vodafone Smart Prime 7. These phones have dominated the smartphone industry with major shares being taken by Iphone and Samsung.
Similarly, in the upcoming year 2018, big giants like Apple, Samsung, are planning to launch their phones. Most of these phones are expected to be released in mid of 2018, thus you have to stay calm and wait for it. Brands like Nokia, Sony, and HTC are also releasing their smartphones in 2018. We may expect a huge competition between these giants in the coming year.
Best Upcoming Phones of 2018
(Expected Release: February 2018)
The Finnish Company (HMD Global) might release its long-awaited Nokia 9 in the mid of February 2018. With the success of Nokia 6, the company would be expecting a lot from its upcoming Nokia 9. And what not if the rumors about Nokia 9 specs are true, then we may expect a tight rivalry between top smartphone brands.
Some of its expected features includes:
- Full metal unibody design
- blisteringly fast Snapdragon 835 processor
- QHD display
- 13-megapixel dual-lens rear, and 12 Mp Front cameras
- Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- Latest integration of Android Nougat 7.1 N
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
(Expected Release: April 2018)
There are also rumors about the release of Galaxy S9 and S9+ phones in the month of April 2018. These rumors couldn’t be wrong, as we have seen Samsung releasing its cool gadgets more often. It is expected that these new releases of twin phones would be absolute best.
With the last year revolutionary redesign of Galaxy S8 and Note 8 Samsung made a strong comeback in the phone industry. In the year 2018 Samsung may go ahead with not so noticeable changes in their upcoming releases.
Expected Features of Galaxy S9 and S9+:
- Improvement in Qualcomm’s newest high-end processor.
- Relocation of fingerprint sensor to center and more comfortable position.
- Dual-rear camera as the Note 8 offers.
- Likely to have Infinity display again.
- Expected to have advance zoom skills in S9.
(Expected Release: May 2018)
HTC U11 has been launched which have paved the way for HTC U12 in 2018. There are rumors that HTC 12 will be the return of dual camera in HTC smartphones. They are one of the first to have dual camera on their phones when they launched the HTC M7. HTC smartphones are mainly famous for their thin and stylish designs and the durability is a plus for its users. There are couple of interesting features coming up in the new flagship of HTC phones.
Expected Features of HTC U12:
- Leaked Pictures shows that the new phone is somewhat similar to the looks of Samsung Galaxy S8 and LG G6.
- It shows tiny bezels at the top and bottom to adjust a 5.7inc 4K display.
- Shifting from shiny glass to metal casing is also rumored.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor with 6GB Ram and 128GB of storage is also rumored.
- JBL Speakers with no headphones jack.
- A 16 Mega Pixels from facing camera and a rear camera.
(Expected Release Sep 2018)
People are going crazy yet confused over the release of new Iphone in 2018. The situation has been made even more confusing with rumors from every corner saying that Iphone is going to bring big changes in its upcoming releases. Additional reports say that Apple will introduce a lower cost phone this year as compare to Iphone X. The confusion stays here that whether Apple will expand their X series or will stick back to Iphone 8/8 Plus or Iphone 9.
Expected Features of the New Iphone:
- Rumors are there about its waterproof design with the disappear of home button.
- A 4.7-inch super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen at 750 by 1334 pixels, 16M colors
- This device may contain an LCD screen rather than an OLED one.
- The new phone will be a return of metallic backs with different colors.
- The internal memory is expected to range from 32/128/256 GB with no SD card slot.
- The new phone is expected to have 12 mega pixels rear and 7 mega pixels front camera.
It is still very early to talk about the upcoming release of the new Apple Iphone, but still we are trying to provide the inside stories of what we have heard so far. So, stay tuned and enjoy the flame.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
(Expected Release: August 2018)
Samsung is always on the run to launch new phones one after another. As we have heard that right after the release of Note 8, they are planning to work on their new Note series phone with more advance features along and the enhancement in S Pen features.
Currently we don’t have firm details, but we are hoping that Samsung will unveil the Galaxy Note 9 in coming August 2018.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links, meaning that if you click on one of the links and purchase an item, we may receive a commission. All opinions however are our own and we do not accept payments for positive reviews.